» Boxing Articles
» Boxing Shoes and Its Important Facts
Boxing Shoes and Its Important Facts
CHOOSE YOUR PREFERRED TOPIC
Boxing shoes are considered as one of the commercial and important product in boxing gears. The boxers use them all through the game. They are considered as one of the gears worn by the boxers to make him comfortable and secure him against any injury. A boxer needs more than a mean punch to be a good boxer. No matter how prompt and flexible you are, you will not be able to last long in a match if you don't co-ordinate and have control over your feet. Good footwork facilitates you to keep your balance, evade blows, and stay on your feet if you get hit. And so for all this, a pair of high-quality shoes can significantly improve your footwork and keep you up to tempo.
Boxing shoes designed for competition slide and glide across the floor for most advantageous movement. The high cut gives maximum support to the ankles and the soles of the shoes are made so you can pivot easily.
It offers full support for the entire foot; this is a very important factor because the foot work is a major contribution to a boxer's moves.
- It is usually made from lightweight leather which allows the boxer to move skillfully when he is inside the ring.
- They give all the support to the legs, ankles and knees, so they are not harmed during strenuous work out.
- Since it is made from non-slip rubber soles, they get maximum amount of gripping.
It is always essential that boxing shoes provide a perfect fit for the boxer. If he is trying to box with his feet hurting or if his shoes keep slipping, the boxer's concentration gets distracted as his mind will race only to the uncomfortability instead of the strategically moves that's required to win the match. So it's always a necessity that a boxer should be hundred percent confident on all his gears, from his head band till his shoes, he should take care and make sure he is comfortable with everything. One should always go for shoes which have good ventilation, so that the boxer does not sweat his toes out, which will eventually make him feel uneasy and bumpy.
Here are few tips which will help you purchase a good pair of boxing shoes for yourself:
- First find out what kind of shoes you need. There are actually two main types of shoes which include high tops and low tops. High tops are generally used by the kick boxers as it provides good ankle support. Low tops are used by the regular boxers for regular boxing and they are also used during training and work outs. Low tops give support to the ankle which allows you to maintain your alertness and movement.
- Next find out shoes which fit you correctly.
- Make sure you get a lightest pair of shoes. Good quality boxing shoes are generally made from tough but light weight material.
- Select shoes that have superior rubber grip.
- Another important thing to consider is that make sure the shoe has good shock absorption and support straps.
- Purchase now from our various boxing shoes collection and boxing accessories to make every match of yours a success.