PRO BOXING GEAR BLOGS
 

IBF middleweight champion Jermain Taylor is Detained on New firearm charges

IBF middleweight champion Jermain Taylor is detained on new firearm charges

The IBF middleweight champion, who earned numerous accolades throughout his amateur career Jermain Taylor’s career, is on the edge of collapse. Suffering severe injuries, he is arrested on new firearm charges and his fight with Sergio Mora next month is cancelled.

After the rib fracture incident which happened during the training session, he is no longer expected to fight Sergio Mora. It looks doubtful that the fight- formerly programmed for 2007 will get a new date after it emerged that Taylor was arrested on new lawbreaking charges.

The former undisputed middle weight champion was taken into custody and charged with eight criminal acts and one misdemeanor over an incident on Monday in his little rock, Arkansas hometown.

Sources say, Taylor who revived his career last year by distressing Sam Soliman to win the title was charged with five felony counts of motivated assault for allegedly discharging a gun, three felony counts of imperiling the wellbeing of a minor and one misdemeanor count of possession of a controlled substance, i.e., marijuana.

Allegedly, five times, Taylor shot the weapon pointing at his wife, children and a bystander. Marijuana was found after the arrest of the boxer.

The boxer expelled the weapon five times Monday afternoon on a little Rock street corner after pointing it at his wife, children and another passerby. After his arrest, they found him in possession of a bag with marijuana in it, police said.

Following the August 2014 incident, Taylor was already facing some issues at this home when he allegedly shot his cousin multiple times.

Low DiBella, the promoter- who faced condemnation for employing Taylor after the boxer arrival subsequent to a boxing-related brain injury- insists as of now, nothing will be taken to the next step until all legal issues are dealt with and solved.

Irrespective of what the exact matter is, this is a shocking subject; DiBella told more than his boxing career, it leads me and his management to be more concerned with his well-being and mental health.

Filed under: IBF middleweight champion,Jermain Taylor — proboxing January 21, 2015 @ 6:44 am

Mayweather-Pacquiao stalemate is not good for the Sport says Boxing Trainer Stephen Edwards

Speculation continues with the welterweights fight…

Mayweather-Pacquiao stalemate is not good for the sport says Boxing Trainer Stephen Edwards

World class boxing trainer Stephen Edwards says that Floyd v Pac face-off is not showing good signs and he believes that the current stalemate is bad for the sport. By not approving to the supposed super fight for years now, boxing, together with its fans have suffered a quench says Stephen Edwards who handles the careers of Julian Williams and others!

He opines that the talks of the fight were the most awful thing that could ever happen to boxing. The Filipino boxer and the pound for pound boxer looking for a contender in their subsequent fight, it only makes sense that they should come to blows each other. They are the clear most wanted over anyone else, moreover the top fighters in their respective divisions.

Spaced out from being one of the most respected boxing coaches, Stephen is also a journalist for the boxingtalk.com website, where a lot of interactions happens with boxing enthusiasts together with question and answer sessions.

The outlook that this matter has created is extremely absurd. Guys, who were friends, will take different turns and it will not quite come to blows. In the same discussion, Edwards expressed more aversion on how the Mayweather-Pacquiao non-fight has subjugated the boxing headlines. Mentioning Brook, Errol Spence, Amir Khan and Keith Thurman, boxing fans should welcome and appreciate upcoming fighters in the division, he adds.

Having said all that, the newest on the Floyd-Pac is nothing, but the same it was in November 2014, or years ago since 2010 or 2011 when it was initially thrashed out, when both champions overtly called out each other and that they want the super fight to take place in the start of the New Year. No deal or contract has been confirmed or settled down; however as boxing fervents continue to wait patiently for what could be the biggest fight in boxing history.

Filed under: Boxing latest news,Floyd Mayweather,Manny Pacquiao — proboxing January 8, 2015 @ 1:04 am

Floyd Mayweather Challenge Responded

Floyd Mayweather

Manny Pacquiao has promised to track and run after Floyd Mayweather into ring compliance after the undefeated American offered to fight him next year.

The Filipino star was issued a May 2 challenge on Friday and Pacquiao appears to be of the same mind to a first showdown flanked by the two long-time opponents for the title of best “pound-for-pound” boxer of their age group.

“Mayweather having reached a dead end, he has no choice except to fight me,” said Pacquiao.

“Putting all efforts to make this fight more entertaining and nail-biting, I doubt if he’s going to slot me in a slugfest”.

“Everyone knows his style of fighting, majority of his previous fights, if not all, induced us to fall asleep”
Should the fight take place, Manny Pacquiao, who turns 36 on Wednesday, said he will execute to Mayweather, 37, what he did to another formerly undefeated American, Chris Algieri, who misplaced to the WBO welterweight champion in Macau last month.

“I know what I have to do. I will chase him wherever he goes just in case he decides to run around the ring. We will work out a good fight plan in opposition to him,” Pacquiao said.
Insisting on the sharing and dissection of the purse- this is going to be the richest in boxing history- not a concern for him.

“Mayweather can get hold of the amount he wants. As early as January, I challenged him to a fight of charity. He has not fixed it, until now, so money is not the issue in our fight,” he added.

“This fight is not just about grabbing the prize, but it’s all about legacy, making fans happy, above all, this is for the good of boxing”

Filed under: Boxing News,Floyd Mayweather — proboxing December 17, 2014 @ 1:24 am

Goodison Park World Title – Wrestle for Bellew

Goodison Park world title -wrestle for Bellew

Professional darts corporation director and British boxing promoter, Eddie Hearn has firmly inveterate that he is looking into the possibility of Tony Bellew testing for a world title at cruiserweight at his adored Goodison Park in the spring.

Bellew conquered WBO light heavyweight champion Nathan Cleverly last month in order to even the score defeat in his first world title challenge at 175lbs back in 2011. With an intention of success he is now aspiring for the WBO or IBF belts at 200lbs.

The German WBO cruiserweight champion Marco Huck lately told World Boxing News that he is involved in conferring with devout Blue Bellew about a battle at the home of Everton FC, even though Hearn says IBF holder Yoan Pablo Hernandez is also in the casing.

Currently, I’m planning for Tony Bellew to have the next move with, after he got his revenge over cleverly, “Hearn said in his Daily mail column. “”I’m in negotiations with both Marco Huck and Yoan Hernandez concerning cruiserweight world-title fights with Tony.

The rest of the allotments are on familiar terms that he sells. The statistics from the weekend were very good and that makes him lucratively attractive to all of them.

“At the present time, it looks like his subsequent fight will be for a world title in the spring. We are by now in deep deliberations with Huck, the WBO champion from Germany, and I can disclose we are also talking to Hernandez, the Cuban who has the IBF belt.

“We have noticed the city of Liverpool get at the rear of Tony and I am in talks as regards putting on a battle for him at Goodison Park. The concern is whether we could get one of the world champions to exchange blows over here.

“Taking a look from that perspective, Hernandez seems keener to pass through, so we’ll hang around and witness how it pans out in the next few weeks,” he added.

Nathan cleverly has called for a tie-breaker match flanked by the duo to clear up their disparities once and for all, since Bellew moves on to better and bigger things, the battle looks dead at this point.

Filed under: Boxing Champion,Boxing latest news,Goodison Park World Title,Tony Bellew — proboxing December 4, 2014 @ 11:57 pm
« Previous PageNext Page »

 


Proboxinggear is one of the leading Boxing Equipments Store in Texas . We offer you a huge range of Boxing Accessoriess like, Boxing Gloves, Protective Gear, Handwraps, Punch Mitts, Punching Bags,Boxing Shoes, Strength/Conditioning Equipments, and all MMA Boxing Products and so on for kids, women and men of all ages.Also get recent boxing updates from latest boxing event news.

Copyright © 2006 - 2014proboxinggear.com.