NATASHA JONAS new year resolution is to win a hat-trick for the year such that she can take home a lot more medals to inspire Liverpool pupils.
The Great Britain Olympic star Jonas is a part of the Sky sports, living for Sport, a free program in joint venture with the Youth Sport Trust which sends athletes into schools to inspire students, which means she has an additional motive to elevate her training ahead of what is a crucial year for the trivial.
Having said that it is a massive year for boxing, she has also said that they have got the European Championships, World Championships and Commonwealth Games all in 2014. Therefore her resolution is to be triumphant and get as many medals as possible and become a Commonwealth champion.
She is planning to inspire the students with her medals and she also adds that I know how much the Olympics helped in getting the message across and we want to take that legacy on. It’s such an amazing initiative – I’ve been doing it for three years now and I enjoy every minute of it.”
London has got a great opportunity to conduct a boxing game for Women’s in Olympics 2012. Hope everyone feels proud and happy when they come to know that Women’s Boxing has been included for the first time in Olympics. Right from Fly Weight (48-51kg), Light Weight (57-60kg) and Middle Weight (69-75kg), there are three events are going to be conducted for female boxers.
Where Boxing Competition is going to be held?
At London Olympics 2012, boxing competition will be held at ExCeL (a versatile events venue) that will also conduct a number of other Olympic sports.
- In the Olympic 2012 games, women’s session will be held over four rounds of two minutes each whereas men’s session will be held over three rounds of three-minutes each.
- For every punch on the opponent’s head or upper body, the boxer will score points.
- Knockout format is going to be followed for all the boxing events at London 2012 Olympics.
- In all three events, the winners of the two semi-finals will fight for the gold medal and the losers of the two semi-finals will be awarded a bronze.
- Eastern European countries were too enthusiastic to introduce their strong female boxers at London Olympics whereas Cuba has refused to send female boxers.
- Wearing skirts are allowed
- The International Amateur Boxing Association (AIBA) has approved to wear skirts during the boxing game.
- Hope this will make the female boxers to look more gorgeous with feminine manner during the game.
Safety Boxing Accessories from proboxinggear.com:
Proboxinggear is one of the best athletic stores where you can get a wide variety of boxing accessories like Boxing Gloves, Punching Bags, Punch Mitts, Handwraps and Gauze, etc. of good quality with a reasonable price