PRO BOXING GEAR BLOGS
 

RP boxing champ Nietes arrives

Philippine minimumweight boxing champion Donnie "Ahas" Nietes arrived in the country early Wednesday after his victory over Mexican Eric Ramirez in Oaxaca, Mexico over the weekend.

Nietes, the World Boxing Organization (WBO) minimumweight champion, arrived on board Philippine Airlines flight PR 103 at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport at 6 a.m.

Nietes’s arrival comes after his successful defense of his WBO minimumweight title against Ramirez.

He won via unanimous decision after he knocked down Ramirez four times.

The judges scored the fight 115-109, 116-108 and 113-111 in favor of the Cebu-based boxer.

Nietes now holds a record of 24 wins, 1 loss and three draws, with 14 wins by knockout.

Source:http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/03/04/09/rp-boxing-champ-nietes-arrives

Filed under: Sakio Bika,Uncategorized — proboxing March 4, 2009 @ 6:26 am

Commonwealth boxing postponed

NEW DELHI: The Commonwealth boxing championships, slated to be held in the November-December this year has been postponed. It will now be held in 2010, either in the last week of February or the first week of March.

The Indian Amateur Boxing Federation (IBF) has been forced to take this step as it’s not sure that the venue – Talkatora stadium – will be ready in time.

“We will decide on the fresh dates of the event once it is clear that it is not clashing with the World Youth Games to be held in Iran. If it is, then we will shift it accordingly,” IBF secretary Col PK Muralidharan Raja told TOI.

Commonwealth Games organisers are under pressure because of delays in several projects for the Games to be held next year in October. Construction delays also forced this year’s World badminton championships to be moved to Hyderabad.

Source:http://sports.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Commonwealth-boxing-postponed/articleshow/4185494.cms

Filed under: Sakio Bika,Uncategorized — proboxing February 26, 2009 @ 1:08 am

Judge rules against USA Boxing

Amateur boxing’s national governing body overstepped its bounds in revising the bylaws of its fundraising arm to tap nearly $2 million for pre-Olympics programming, an El Paso County district court judge has ruled.

Larry Schwartz sided with the USA Boxing Foundation, determining USA Boxing “did not have the authority to unilaterally make changes” to statutes that gave the Colorado Springs-based NGB access to a $4 million endowment fund controlled by the foundation.

The election of 11 trustees with USA Boxing ties to the foundation’s board put the NGB in the majority last January, and it spent $1.815 million primarily on grass-roots efforts, membership promotion and scholarships.

Schwartz declared the foundation’s amended bylaws “null and void” but didn’t order USA Boxing to repay the 24-year-old foundation. The parties are working toward a settlement in hopes of avoiding further litigation.

“We’re asking to see where that money was spent, and we want to know the return on investment,” said Bill Deeter, a USA Boxing Foundation trustee. “We need a detailed accounting. We need to hold people’s feet to the fire.”

USA Boxing chief executive officer Jim Millman said his NGB “set the table for the organization to be more successful. … I don’t think (the money) was wasted at all. It was critical to use as building blocks for our program going forward.”

“We spent 100 percent on USA Boxing programs,” he added. “If we hadn’t used the money, $600,000 of it would have been lost. We were able to use that money productively rather than lose it to the market. Why have it be lost to nothing?”

Deeter maintains the U.S. Olympic Committee, which provided $1 million in funding to USA Boxing in 2007, hardly tried to stop the NGB from raiding the foundation.

“We reached out to them when this was happening and asked them to intervene,” Deeter said. “They turned a deaf ear to us. There’s a lapse in good judgment on their part.”

USOC spokesman Darryl Seibel said, “We had several discussions with (USA Boxing Foundation vice president) Brad Smith, during which we offered our assistance. The USA Boxing Foundation chose to go in a different direction.”

Source:http://www.gazette.com/sports/boxing_48295___article.html/foundation_ngb.html

Filed under: Sakio Bika,Uncategorized — proboxing February 18, 2009 @ 3:37 am

Proposal to construct boxing stadium rejected

PUNE: The Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) standing committee on Tuesday rejected a proposal to construct a boxing stadium within the ArunkumarVaidya stadium in Bhavani Peth. The committee said that construction beyond 15 per cent of the total area was not permitted on any sports ground.

Speaking to press reporters, NCP corporator Sandeep Ladkat, who had opposed the proposal, said that already there was too much construction on the premises of the stadium.

“The stadium is actually a municipal establishment. However, it is run by a senior politician of Congress party as if it were his personal property. It is difficult for ordinary citizens or athletes
to make the most of the stadium,” Ladkat said.

He pointed out that the proposal to construct a boxing ring at a cost of Rs 1 crore had been tabled in a very hasty manner, because the funds had come from the state government.

“Already there is a pavilion, gymnasium and cultural hall on the premises, and the total construction is above 15 per cent which is against the state government rules. This is why we opposed the proposal,” Ladkat said.

He added that in future, if such construction proposals affecting Pune’s sports centres were taken up, he would file public interest litigations in the high court.

Meanwhile, Congress corporator Avinash Bagve held a press conference on Wednesday criticising Ladkat for bringing in personal vendetta to oppose the proposal.

“The boxing stadium is infact going to be of great help to all the upcoming boxers to be able to compete at international levels. They would be able to prepare for Commonwealth games scheduled for next year, but one corporator’s ego issue is going to prevent all of them from reaching their goal,” Bagve said.

Members of Krativeer Lahuji Salwe Matang community threatened they would agitate and blacken the face of Ladkat if the the proposal was not reconsidered.

Source:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Pune/Proposal_to_construct_boxing_stadium_rejected/articleshow/4114662.cms

Filed under: Sakio Bika,Uncategorized — proboxing February 13, 2009 @ 3:50 am
« Previous PageNext Page »

 


Proboxinggear is one of the leading Boxing Equipments Store in Texas . We offer you a huge range of Boxing Accessoriess like, Boxing Gloves, Protective Gear, Handwraps, Punch Mitts, Punching Bags,Boxing Shoes, Strength/Conditioning Equipments, and all MMA Boxing Products and so on for kids, women and men of all ages.Also get recent boxing updates from latest boxing event news.

Copyright © 2006 - 2014proboxinggear.com.