Punching mitts, also known as focus mitts, help fighters increase accuracy when working high impact blows such as jabs, uppercuts, hooks, elbows and other type of punches used in the mixed martial arts disciplines. Punching mitts are designed in small sizes averaging the size of a human head.
They help fighters get better hand-eye coordination when interacting with the trainer holding the mitts. Styles of punching mitts include contoured, curved and rounded mitts. Although they’re similar, the right punching mitts for you depend on your combat methods, skill and techniques.
1. Evaluate the type of outstanding used in your discipline and your level of expertise. This is significant because there are different styles of punching mitts and the best punching mitts for you will depend on these factors.
2. Use extended mitts, also known as normal or classic mitts, if you are a beginner. Extended mitts are bigg er than average, making it easier for beginners to strike the mitts when training. Extended mitts are also good if you train MMA or disciplines such as may Thai because they slot in leg, elbow and knee strikes. Some punching mitts are even called Thai mitts which lets you know that they are for upper and lower striking.
3. Select focus punching mitts if you are a specialist, professional or have sufficient experience in your discipline. Focus mitts are smaller, requiring more accuracy because the punching target is smaller. The boxing focus mitts come in styles such as contoured, curved and round to keep your punches in the middle of the pad. The style you need is totally up to personal preference as they all have the same functionality and server the same purpose.
4. Decide the type of textile you want for your punching mitts. Generally, punching mitts are made of vinyl, cowhide and leather; however, leather is less durable because it cracks faster, mostly if you train on a regular basis.
5. Estimate your budget. Punching mitts come in various brands and some brands are more costly than others. The price range will also depend on the type of material you want your punching mitts to be. Before you buy the punching mitts go to your local sporting goods store and do explore online to contrast prices. Some online stores you can visit to check prices include Boxing Depot, Ringside and Title Boxing Store.
Basically there are three types of mitt holding styles:
Performance mitt holding is a style that is more about the power game or the speed game in short bursts. Performance Mitts will classically be done with one punch, two punches or three punches but not more. The goal is power and/or specific tuning of a few skills.
Technical mitt holding is a style thatâ€™s more about speed. Power is in there as well but the focus is on structure rapid fire combinations and defenses. Mixture and patterns here can run very deep. Good technical mitt holders are outstanding to watch.
Comprehensive mitt Holding is a combination of the above two. For example, the coach might start out with technical and as problems in a fighterâ€™s game show up; they convert to performance in order to shore up definite shortage.
Here in Proboxinggear.com, youâ€™ll get an absolute source of information on boxing shoes , boxing gear , trainers supplies, etcâ€¦â€¦â€¦.