Manny Pacquiao has promised to track and run after Floyd Mayweather into ring compliance after the undefeated American offered to fight him next year.
The Filipino star was issued a May 2 challenge on Friday and Pacquiao appears to be of the same mind to a first showdown flanked by the two long-time opponents for the title of best “pound-for-pound” boxer of their age group.
“Mayweather having reached a dead end, he has no choice except to fight me,” said Pacquiao.
“Putting all efforts to make this fight more entertaining and nail-biting, I doubt if he’s going to slot me in a slugfest”.
“Everyone knows his style of fighting, majority of his previous fights, if not all, induced us to fall asleep”
Should the fight take place, Manny Pacquiao, who turns 36 on Wednesday, said he will execute to Mayweather, 37, what he did to another formerly undefeated American, Chris Algieri, who misplaced to the WBO welterweight champion in Macau last month.
“I know what I have to do. I will chase him wherever he goes just in case he decides to run around the ring. We will work out a good fight plan in opposition to him,” Pacquiao said.
Insisting on the sharing and dissection of the purse- this is going to be the richest in boxing history- not a concern for him.
“Mayweather can get hold of the amount he wants. As early as January, I challenged him to a fight of charity. He has not fixed it, until now, so money is not the issue in our fight,” he added.
“This fight is not just about grabbing the prize, but it’s all about legacy, making fans happy, above all, this is for the good of boxing”