As the year comes to an end boxing fans have witnessed great fights, horrible fight judging, new comers, old lions show that they can still put on a show, but sadly we also have witnessed how the Paper Title Champions are quickly becoming a solid trend in pro boxing.
The belt collectors have been aided by the greedy promoters to achieve world championships but they just cannot fool Boxing fans who know very well what a real boxing world champion is and what exactly a paper title champion is.
The current Top Ten Paper Title Champions are:
1. I’ll let the reader pick the undisputed top pound for pound number one paper title champion of the world.
2. Marcos Maidana defended his title against a low ranked and unknown fighter.
3. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., drops two places; looked in great shape and defeated Sergio Mora by KO5 in his title defense.
4. Erik Morales aims to engage against Antonio De Marco for another manufactured belt next year.
5. Alexander Povetkin will defend his belt against low ranked Cedric Boswell tomorrow at the Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland.
6. Andre Berto scheduled to fight against Victor Ortiz on February 11th.
7. Vyacheslav Senchenko one title fight in 2010 and another in 2011 against poor opposition.
8. Saul Alvarez defeated former welter champion Kermit Cintron but keeps on avoiding top contenders.
9. Austin Trout defeated unknown and low ranked Frank LoPorto by KO6 (November 11) in a title match.
10. Cornelious Bundrage has not defended his belt since May 25th but still has not been stripped of it.
Ladies and gentleman, boxing fans around the world, as an old song said you aint seen nothing yet, the best fights are yet to be seen next year. Happy Holidays to the readers.