PRO BOXING GEAR BLOGS
 

Floyd Mayweather Challenge Responded

Floyd Mayweather

Manny Pacquiao has promised to track and run after Floyd Mayweather into ring compliance after the undefeated American offered to fight him next year.

The Filipino star was issued a May 2 challenge on Friday and Pacquiao appears to be of the same mind to a first showdown flanked by the two long-time opponents for the title of best “pound-for-pound” boxer of their age group.

“Mayweather having reached a dead end, he has no choice except to fight me,” said Pacquiao.

“Putting all efforts to make this fight more entertaining and nail-biting, I doubt if he’s going to slot me in a slugfest”.

“Everyone knows his style of fighting, majority of his previous fights, if not all, induced us to fall asleep”
Should the fight take place, Manny Pacquiao, who turns 36 on Wednesday, said he will execute to Mayweather, 37, what he did to another formerly undefeated American, Chris Algieri, who misplaced to the WBO welterweight champion in Macau last month.

“I know what I have to do. I will chase him wherever he goes just in case he decides to run around the ring. We will work out a good fight plan in opposition to him,” Pacquiao said.
Insisting on the sharing and dissection of the purse- this is going to be the richest in boxing history- not a concern for him.

“Mayweather can get hold of the amount he wants. As early as January, I challenged him to a fight of charity. He has not fixed it, until now, so money is not the issue in our fight,” he added.

“This fight is not just about grabbing the prize, but it’s all about legacy, making fans happy, above all, this is for the good of boxing”

Filed under: Boxing News,Floyd Mayweather — proboxing December 17, 2014 @ 1:24 am

Goodison Park World Title – Wrestle for Bellew

Goodison Park world title -wrestle for Bellew

Professional darts corporation director and British boxing promoter, Eddie Hearn has firmly inveterate that he is looking into the possibility of Tony Bellew testing for a world title at cruiserweight at his adored Goodison Park in the spring.

Bellew conquered WBO light heavyweight champion Nathan Cleverly last month in order to even the score defeat in his first world title challenge at 175lbs back in 2011. With an intention of success he is now aspiring for the WBO or IBF belts at 200lbs.

The German WBO cruiserweight champion Marco Huck lately told World Boxing News that he is involved in conferring with devout Blue Bellew about a battle at the home of Everton FC, even though Hearn says IBF holder Yoan Pablo Hernandez is also in the casing.

Currently, I’m planning for Tony Bellew to have the next move with, after he got his revenge over cleverly, “Hearn said in his Daily mail column. “”I’m in negotiations with both Marco Huck and Yoan Hernandez concerning cruiserweight world-title fights with Tony.

The rest of the allotments are on familiar terms that he sells. The statistics from the weekend were very good and that makes him lucratively attractive to all of them.

“At the present time, it looks like his subsequent fight will be for a world title in the spring. We are by now in deep deliberations with Huck, the WBO champion from Germany, and I can disclose we are also talking to Hernandez, the Cuban who has the IBF belt.

“We have noticed the city of Liverpool get at the rear of Tony and I am in talks as regards putting on a battle for him at Goodison Park. The concern is whether we could get one of the world champions to exchange blows over here.

“Taking a look from that perspective, Hernandez seems keener to pass through, so we’ll hang around and witness how it pans out in the next few weeks,” he added.

Nathan cleverly has called for a tie-breaker match flanked by the duo to clear up their disparities once and for all, since Bellew moves on to better and bigger things, the battle looks dead at this point.

Filed under: Boxing Champion,Boxing latest news,Goodison Park World Title,Tony Bellew — proboxing December 4, 2014 @ 11:57 pm

Magnificent Women’s Boxing World Champions Crowned

Magnificent Women’s boxing World Champions crowned

Dr Ching- Kuo Wu- the president of the International Boxing Association (AIBA- the world amateur (Olympic-style) international boxing association) rewarded mark of respect to the “magnificent new champions”; this honor is for the category of Heavyweight women’s and it happened on the final day of the 8th Women’s World Championships in Jeju, Korea.

Dr Wu said: “The calibre of competition here in Jeju has been magnificent, so our new World Champions can depart for home with great pride that they are the best boxers in the world today.” Following are the list of the new 2014 Women’s World Champions:

• Light Fly (45-48kg): KYZAIBAY Nazym, Kazakhstan
• Fly (51kg): ESPARZA Marlen, USA
• Bantam (54kg): PETROVA Stanimira , Bulgaria
• Feather (57kg): DOBRYNINA Zinaida, Russia
• Light (60kg): TAYLOR Katie, Ireland
• Light Welter (64kg): BELIAKOVA Anastasiia, Russia
• Welter (69kg): BYLON Atheyna, Panama
• Middle (75kg): SHIELDS Claressa, USA
• Light Heavy (81kg): YANG Xiaoli, China
• Heavy (+81kg): MAGOMEDALIEVA Zenfira, Russia

Speaking after the finals, the president said: “Ever since it’s momentous launch at the London 2012 Olympic Games, Boxing for the category of Women’s has become popular round the globe hugely- and this is finally established by the massive wealth of talent that has contended in Jeju.”

The progress of women boxing has been one of my greatest importance’s ever since my appointment as President of AIBA. When we proclaimed that women boxers would battle at the London Olympics in 2012, many of them were uncertain whether it would work out. However, of the entire games, women’s boxing competition proved to be one of the greatest accomplishments.

“Now, with just two years break, all multi-sports Games will have Women Boxing Competitions and our target is that Women boxing will, in future, also be an integral part of both our new APB and WSB competitions.”

As an ending note, Dr Wu expressed his sincere thanks to the Boxing Association of Korea (BAK) and its President, Mr. Yoon Seok Chang, besides to the Governor of Jeju Special Self-governing Province, Mr. Heeryong Won, for systematizing and hosting such a event that’s highly successful and to the Championship Supervisor and AIBA Executive Committee member, Terry Smith, from Wales.

“The association part, together with the setting of these 8th women’s world championships was excellent. I’m very obliged in fact for all the huge efforts that have moved out into ensuring the championships ran efficiently, also I’m grateful to the Governor and the people of Jeju for the hospitable reception they have extended to everyone coming to their beautiful island,” said Dr Wu.

280 competitors from 67 countries took active participation in the Championships in all of the 10 AIBA Women’s Elite weight categories, in total. Following countries competed with the maximum number of 10 women boxers namely: China, Hungary, India, Kazakhstan, Russia and the US. As a whole, European boxers succeeded 21 medals, Asian boxers with 13 medals and six boxers won medals from the US. However, with regards to the leading factor, Russia dominated with five (including 3 champions) and China with four (with 1 champion). Italy, Turkey and the US won three medals each; Azerbaijan, England, France, India, Kazakhstan and Thailand each won two medalists; and Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Ireland, Japan, Korea, Netherlands, Panama, Philippines and Ukraine won one medal respectively.

Filed under: Boxing latest news — proboxing November 26, 2014 @ 12:28 am

Boxing Champ Leon Spinks Back To Form After The Chicken Bone Mishap

Boxing Champ Leon Spinks back to form after the Chicken Bone mishap

With 26 wins, 17 losses and three draws as a professional, with 14 of those win by knockout, The American former boxer Leon Spinks is back to form.

Finally, the undisputed world heavyweight champion is walking, talking and smiling again after a medicinal alarm coming from a chicken bone mishap.

As it was reported previously, Spinks was hospitalized after swallowing a chicken bone which got lodged in his digestive tract and he was in a pretty bad shape.

Steve Pacitti, Leon’s attorney has informed that the former champ is still hospitalized, however, he seems to respond well for the treatment given. “He’s healing. He’s on the road to recovery, he added.

“I went to see him the other night and when I walked in he flashed a huge smile. He’s in great spirits.” He said to the TMZ Sports.

Steve says that he’s quite uncertain as of when Spinks will be discharged from the hospital, but says that things are going good and he’s walking and talking.”

Filed under: Boxing Champion,Leon Spinks — proboxing November 10, 2014 @ 10:59 pm
Next Page »

 


Proboxinggear is one of the leading Boxing Equipments Store in Texas . We offer you a huge range of Boxing Accessoriess like, Boxing Gloves, Protective Gear, Handwraps, Punch Mitts, Punching Bags,Boxing Shoes, Strength/Conditioning Equipments, and all MMA Boxing Products and so on for kids, women and men of all ages.Also get recent boxing updates from latest boxing event news.

Copyright © 2006 - 2014proboxinggear.com.