We are aware of the fact that adequate protection has to be taken during boxing. First protection that every boxer starts wants to have are the boxing gloves, be it sparring gloves or speed gloves or bag gloves or professional fight gloves. Hence it is important to understand the fact that you learn the art of wearing the boxing gloves which starts from hand wraps till having the fabric fastener. The process of effectively fitting the hand gloves has been jotted down here:
- The hook of the hand wraps has to be fastened around your thumb. Then start by wrapping the cloth round through your wrist three to four times.
- Follow this by rounding the cloth on your knuckles for about four to five times, be sure that you do not wrap the cloth on your thumb. Do not be too rigid with the hand wraps ensure that you spread your fingers properly for effective blood circulation between the fingers and flexibility in making your fist.
- Now you need to start wrapping your thumb, keep the thumb completely distant from your fingers. Now wrap the cloth outside your hand, now wrap the cloth to and fro through your hands.
- Wrap the cloth through your palm and inside your hand, through the thumb and the index finger. Now again take the hand wraps outside your hand.
- Now make a cross pattern across the front, back of the hand, and wrap the excess around your wrist
- Tie the excess cloth around your wrist. Most wraps possess the feature of fabric fasteners straps to provide a more comfortable feel. Place the hands in the gloves so that you can get a safe and a secure feel. Fasten the fabric fasteners on the gloves for a tight fit and tie the laces if the gloves possess them
posted by Boxing Articles at 2:24 AM