There are a number of boxing equipments that a boxer needs but it is important to note that there are hundreds of choices from which he has to buy; this article will help him to have know-how about few of the boxing equipments:
- Hand wraps are one of the most important pieces of equipment as they are well known for their effective protection for which they provide to the knuckles and the delicate bones of the hands and the wrists.
- Jump ropes are required it s better that you take a plastic jump rope rather than a leather jump rope.
- Go in for the leather bag gloves as you will need them for your daily workouts. For a beginner the 12 ounce gloves will facilitate the needful but as you move on you will need the sparring gloves for competition.
- If you are a woman then it is important that you get a chest protector and for the men it is important that you compulsorily wear the groin protector because the blows on the hip may slip and cause you injury.
- A mouth guard is important equipment as it will avoid you to get the cuts on your mouth and act as an effective protector for your teeth. Ensure that you buy a mouth guard that is quite comfortable and it does not hinder when you are in the ring.
- As you feel that you can compete on a professional level it is important to note that you purchase the boxing shoes that are cut high so as to provide effective ankle support. However they are not recommended for the daily workouts.
posted by Boxing Articles at 2:10 AM